The Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Circle website

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Holy Pally: so many librams. decisions, decisions.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Endul

Active : 72

Holy Pally: so many librams. decisions, decisions. Empty
PostSubject: Holy Pally: so many librams. decisions, decisions.   Holy Pally: so many librams. decisions, decisions. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 9:01 pm

This is covering my personal experience with the librams, if you have anything to add or comment on feel free to post.

most important detail to note about librams is higher ilvl does not mean its better.

ilvl 264 Libram of Blinding Light
"Your Holy Shock heals grant 85 spell power for 15 sec. Stacks up to 3 times."
this is usually laughed at and mocked by pallys as junk. often because no one spams holy shock (not very mana efficient and other reasons) to keep the proc up all the time. and even then, increased sp on holy light is usually just more overheal and if your looking for increased sp on flash of light then that's what the pvp libram is for. main use for this libram is GS boosting in dal if you like doing that with items you never use.

ilvl 245 Libram of Veracity
"Each time you cast Holy Light, you have a chance to gain 234 spell power for 15 sec."
good for fights with a decent amount of holy light and flash of light mix but not so much that you will have mana issues. very fine line however because crit holy light with extra sp often just leads to more overhealing so pvp libram may still be a better choice (except that this will also boost holy shock). i always just take ilvl 200 one if i know i'm going to be holy lighting a lot.
This is also the best libram to use during the Dreamwalker encounter for healing her since you will have infinite mana an no overheals.

ilvl 232/251/270 'Title' Gladiator's Libram of Justice
"Increases spell power of Flash of Light by 375/436/510."
excellent for healing heroics and often pre toc raids where pure flash of light spam (with toc/icc gear) will get the job done.
you will need an arena team score to get anything better then the ilvl 232 (375sp) version of this

ilvl 213/226 Libram of Tolerance/Resolute
"Increases spell power of Holy Light by 141/160"
Simple static holy light boost, this libram is really not even worth mentioning as the ilvl 245 libram is a direct upgrade.

ilvl 200 Libram of Renewal
"Reduces the mana cost of Holy Light by 113."
don't knock the ilvl of this libram because its still the best choice libram for raiding, especially fights with continuous holy light spam.
some fights I've seen up to 120 holy lights easily, which comes to almost 13k mana saved.
even if your mana pool is double that of what people had in naxx when this libram was first out, this is still your best choice libram unless your just spamming flash of light in something easy like pre toc raid or heroic dungeon.
Also dont be ashamed to wear this libram around in dal due to its lower gs. i'd rather look like i know what i'm doing with this libram then look like an inexperienced player with the 245/264 libram on in dal
Back to top Go down
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Greymane&
aries
aries

Active : 17

PostSubject: Re: Holy Pally: so many librams. decisions, decisions.   Holy Pally: so many librams. decisions, decisions. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 10:28 am

Lol plain and simple 245's are the best out there now. really don't understand y it is they insist on giving us these stacking items. it's the same for prot 245 trink has a chance to give 200 dodge on hit hitting a target and it hit's up to 5 targets at a time which means that's probably a 100 % proc. on the other had the 264 lib from frost gives u a stacking stam buff each time u use S.O.R. which don't make much sense cuz s.o.r. is a single target threat move that won't even count as a CD. and all most all the time i raid tank in pugs i'm the add tank so single target moves won't make any sense , and i'd rather add tank due to lack of single target moves and more abundant aoe's that gen more threat. there is a bit of math involved in these 264 trinks also cuz the cd of the moves would could make it hard to meet the time line of the stacking buff also but i won't get into that. so avoid 264 trinks less u a ret.
Back to top Go down
Endul

PostSubject: Re: Holy Pally: so many librams. decisions, decisions.   Holy Pally: so many librams. decisions, decisions. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 8:20 pm

it is the same way with my dk tank to. ilvl 245 sigil that gives 200 dodge is better over the stacking one since its at its full potential off the first proc. especially useful for bosses were you have tank swaps or bosses that are not attacking you 100% of the time like marrowgars bonestorm, putricide tear gas, sindragosa air phase, ect...

for holy spec tho the ilvl 200 one is still best in slot for a holy light healing pally, so that kinda shows how awesome blizz is at giving players what they need :/
or kinda like how some of the ilvl 245 trinkets from toc are better then the frost vendor trinkets 1 way or another.
Back to top Go down
aries
aries

Active : 17

PostSubject: Re: Holy Pally: so many librams. decisions, decisions.   Holy Pally: so many librams. decisions, decisions. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:17 pm

hehe well no surprise it's the same with druid tank 200 dodge and 200 agil rating. hope they don't ever use this stacking thing again tho it's fairly good for dps on bosses but terrible for tanks.

on a side note.

healing in cata is gonna get a major overall u might wanna check em out. so far what i gather in a nutshell is that mana regen is going down and mana cost is going up( u can blame this on healers who are getting bored sayin it's becoming too easy) bandages are no longer channelled and their debuff is being removed or decreased.
Back to top Go down
Endul

PostSubject: Re: Holy Pally: so many librams. decisions, decisions.   Holy Pally: so many librams. decisions, decisions. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 10:29 pm

i'm really looking forward to what they are doing with death knight tanks in cata, although still kinda undecided about holy pallies. but they keep changing and tweaking so much stuff for them that its hard to decided. so far i've seen 3 majorly different talent previews for them.

speaking of mana regen, i'm still wondering if mp5 on my gear (which i know will be spirit in cata) will just be a side thing like it is now for holy paladins. i've only got 190 mp5 while casting and could easily go lower. not talking about spamming flash of light either but 5min blood queen fights where i almost cast nothing but holy light
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holy Pally: so many librams. decisions, decisions.   Holy Pally: so many librams. decisions, decisions. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Holy Pally: so many librams. decisions, decisions.
Page 1 of 1